Homemade Chocolate Easter Eggs – My Mom's Old Fashioned Recipe!
It is time again to share one of my dear departed Mother’s recipes. I really miss her thinking about Easter! She always loved Easter. As a child I would sit with my Mom while she made home made Chocolate covered Easter Eggs for family and friends, and then some. When I got in my teens I would dress as the Easter Bunny and Mom and I would go around passing out the eggs and having a great time. There was a special feeling doing this together that I will never forget!
Here is the recipe!
1 lb Butter (Not Margarine)
4 lbs Confectioner’s Sugar
fruit and nuts and cherries or coconut
Enough canned milk to form Egg
3 lbs Baker’s Chocolate
1 Cake paraffin
1. In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate and paraffin
2. Form into egg shapes and lay on wax paper
4. Melt chocolate and paraffin over double boiler
5. Dip chilled eggs into chocolate mixture and put on wax paper.
6. Cool and decorate as desired
I hope you have fun making these and perhaps make it a tradition with your kids. I promise they will never forget and will always have a special memory making these eggs with you~