Special Huephoria Recipe
It is Med February and the gray sky’s are starting to get to you. We Huephorians are happy to share one of our favorite ways to cheer up a gloomy day.
•A roaring fire in the fireplace
•add a few close friends
•some Huephoria wine glasses (preferably full ones)
•a big fat pot of our Homemade Shrimp Chowdah!
This Recipe serves 12
• 3 – 4 lbs. cleaned and peeled shrimp (30 – 40 ct bags) fresh or freezer section
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 – 2 large onions, chopped
• 1 cup boiling water
• 5 – 6 cans sliced potatoes, drained
• 2 cans kernel corn, drained
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 T pepper
• 1 qt half & half (heated)
• 3 (8 – 10 oz jars) processed cheese – Kraft Old English glass jars work well
• 3 T Parsley choppedOptional: 3 – 4 slices chopped bacon
In large pot, fry onions in butter until soft. Add boiled water, potatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered. Meanwhile, in a small pot, heat half & half, with cheese until melted. Stir often. DO NOT BOIL.Add shrimp to large pot. Add hot cheese and cream mixture to shrimp. Simmer on low heat stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with parsley and bacon. Can be made in advance and reheated too.Make sure to serve with a big salad, some fresh bread and a HuePhoria glass full of white wine. We love a nice glass of Chateau St Jean Chardonnay with our Chowdah.